Golf and the National Park, they go together? And how they do. From both golf clubs Drautal Berg and Mölltal you get to enjoy breath-taking views to the natural surroundings. The first one, as its name suggests, is located directly on the banks of the Drau and pampers golfers with the wonderful natural backdrop of the Drautal, one of the most environmentally precious river courses in Central Europe.
Golfclub Drautal Berg
Golfclub Drautal Berg is situated right next to the Drau and therefore benefits optimally from this wonderful fluvial landscape. Experts say: “Anyone who has played a round in the mountains knows that they will always appreciate that this is the loveliest 9-hole golf facility in Austria.” We agree; beginners and golf experts alike will strike it rich in Golfclub Drautal Berg.
The fairways have interesting names. The forest hole – “La Forester” – needs a canny golfer while “The Monster” lives up to its name. The “Tiefer Graben” fairway forgives many an error and anyone who has ever stood at the tee-off area, the “Adlerhorst” directly between the cliff faces and the Drau river will not forget the beautiful landscape in a hurry.
Mark Stuckey is the golf trainer – head pro at GC Drautal/Berg. Born in the USA, the American offers taster courses, individual training sessions and specific handicap courses, which you can base a long golf career on.
Facts & Figures Golfclub Drautal Berg
- 9-hole golf course with Par 62
- Chipping green, putting green, practice bunkers
- Driving range with 19 tee-off areas
- Administration & Pro Shop
- Golf school – provide the best learning outcomes
- Plenty of discounts thanks to green fee co-operations
- Soft spikes only
- Dogs are allowed
- 20% discount on the 18-hole green fee with guest card
The driving range in Mölltal has been welcoming you since 2016 and provides superb facilities for golfers of all ability levels, with tee-off areas, putting-green, pitching-green and chipping green. Look forward to a practice area which has a 320 m2 putting green and a driving range with sensational views. And that is not all – a range of courses and wonderful food add to the offer available.
After a game of golf it is time for enjoying yourself and being pampered. Visit the restaurant and Bar Pristavec and look forward to international cuisine, barbecue specials, pizza and speciality fish dishes.
Facts & Figures Golfclub Mölltal
- 4 flagged greens in various lengths
- Putting green on a 320m2 artificial turf
- Pitching and chipping green
- Sand bunker – ca. 20 m2 and up to 1.20 m depth
- 4 covered and 4 open tee-off areas
- Drive areas at 50 m, 100 m, 150 m, 180 m
- 9 holes for drives and general practice
- Golf school & trainer sessions
- Restaurant with cosy sun terrace
As well as the two golf clubs Mölltal and Drautal Berg, there are more fantastic golf facilities in the surrounding area. In Golfclub Millstätter See you get to enjoy superb views across the lake, while in Golfclub Bad Kleinkirchheim it is the views to the Nock Mountains that inspire. The town of Lienz is located in neighbouring East Tyrol and Golflcub Dolomitengolf is also a superb opportunity to enjoy performance-oriented days of golf during a holiday.