Discover the fantastic treasures and head out in the tracks of a fascinating legend. For the first time, the great treasures of the Hohe Tauern have been gathered in one place. This treasure hides the secret of the magic of gold in the region and imparts the fascination and mystery of days long past.
The ‘Mythos Gold’ exhibit is on show in the Putzenhof in Grosskirchheim. This is a 500 year-old trading house for gold prospectors. This magical place and its inspiring history lends a special atmosphere to gold treasure.
The gold treasures include:
* the biggest Carinthian gold nugget
* rare free gold ore specimens from the Hohe Tauern
* gold in all its inspirational, natural forms
* Roman gold bullions
* ‘Gold of the antiquity’: golden, Bronze Age amulets, Celtic and Roman Gold jewellery, gold objects from the medieval period, etc.
Tauern gold exhibit in the Putzenhof
- June 15th till October 10th 2020: daily from 10:00 to 18:00 (day off: Tuesday)
With advance registration, groups may also visit the exhibit outside opening hours.
€ 6,– per adult
€ 4,– per child