For millions of years the elemental force of water has moulded and shaped the mountainous landscape of the Hohe Tauern! In the process it has left behind for us masterpieces of the Creation: waterfalls plummeting down into the valleys over sky-high rock faces and through deep and mysterious gorges.
Today mankind can appreciate the value of these natural wonders and has designated the Hohe Tauern a National Park. But at the same time we can also rejoice in their beauty - thanks to carefully and spectacularly designed Water nature trails!
Come and marvel at the “Wild Waters” in the Hohe Tauern National Park.
Enjoy this adventure with your whole family!
For the waterfalls and gorges, go to:
• Gößnitz waterfall – The force of water
• Jungfernsprung – The power of myth
• Gartl waterfall – Breathing in health
• Ragga gorge – The best of the gorges
• Groppenstein and Rabisch gorges – With all your senses
• Barbarossa gorge – A legendary tale
• Fallbach waterfall – Play+fun+experiences of nature
• Malta Water Spectacles – Varieties of water
• Göß Falls – Mind games on water