Although the cycle path proper starts a few kilometres below the Glockner Village of Heiligenblut (at the "Jungfernsprung" resting place), we recommend starting the cycle tour in Heiligenblut itself. You will have to put up with a short stretch of main road, but the view makes it well worth it - the famous Gothic pilgrimage church and above it the Großglockner, Austria’s highest mountain!
Along the approximately 80km route there are fantastic Water Adventure stops, exhibitions and museums for you:
• Heiligenblut pilgrimage church
• Jungfernsprung waterfall near Heiligenblut
• Gartl waterfall near Großkirchheim
• Winklern Maut Tower with crystal exhibition
• Lainach "Time Factory" adventure museum
• Ragga gorge near Flattach
• Groppenstein gorge near Obervellach
• Barbarossa gorge near Mühldorf
Our tip: make the most of the Cycle Bus that runs through the Möll valley. It’s the ideal service for your tour on the Glockner cycle path: uphill by bus; downhill on your bike! You can download the timetable from this page. With the National Park Kärnten Card you will get a reduction of almost 50% on your bus ticket!